I was nominated for the Sunshine Blogger 2.0 Award by Jasmine @How Useful It Is. Thank you so much Jasmine for nominating me and always commenting on my posts! You’re the best! I loved reading your answers to other people’s questions, I love knowing more about my fellow bloggers! Jasmine is super funny and her blog really is useful and fun. You guys should check her blog because it’s spectacular and awesome!
Thank the person who nominated you.
Answer 11 questions set by the person who nominated you.
Nominate 11 bloggers to receive the award and write them 11 new questions to answer.
Questions from How Useful It Is:
- Just have to ask because I am too curious! Who is your book boyfriend?
Hahaha, what a lovely question! I believe that there are way too many awesome perfect males that I read about in books to choose only one. Alas they are either taken, gay, or dead! *sigh* But I guess that if I really thought about it, the most likely candidate would be: Simon Lewis from The Mortal Instruments.
- What inspired the name of your blog?
I chose the name “Book Dragon” because I LOVE dragons and the term would be so much cooler compared to “Bookworm”. I chose the number 1017 because it has a deep meaning for me from a character I read about in a book. 1017 was my favourite Spackle from the series Chaos Walking. My best friends and I were obsessed with 1017 so much! Now whenever I need to choose a number 1017 is always the best choice!
- What is your favorite genre?
My favourite genre would be Young Adult. I prefer fantasy and sci-fi over contemporary most of the time. I read a lot of Dystopias as well, but most aren’t that great.
- What is your least favorite genre?
My least favaourite genre is non-fiction, it’s a pretty broad genre with lots of sub genres but I don’t get the point of reading about something real! The beauty of reading in my opinion is seeing things that aren’t real. I’ve tried reading a couple of non-fiction books but couldn’t get past the first few chapters! They’re so dull and boring, nothing grabs my attention. I just end up reading the words but not comprehending them or seeing everything inside my head.
- How many hard copy books do you own right now?
55 hard copy books only! I know that’s a really sad number compared to the total number of books I’ve read but I live in a city where English books are really hard to come by and are quite expensive if I find them. I’m trying to buy more actual books now instead of downloading them to my phone and reading them there.
- Do you read books by yourself or with a buddy?
By myself, I don’t have any friends that live nearby who love reading books as much as I do. I’d find it weird reading something with the presence of another human being who’s also reading, I’d feel like I have to fill the silence (awkwardly of course!) Although me and my best friend sometimes read the same book at the same time and we live in different countries but we get to share our thoughts to each other while reading without worrying about spoiling, which is AWESOME!
- Have you been to a book release party at a bookstore?
Unfortunately, I’ve never been to a book release party and it breaks my heart to a million pieces but I daydream about going to one all the time! The reason is that, as I’ve mentioned before, English books are hard to come by and I bet this place never even heard of a book release party.
- Have you interview a favorite author?
No I haven’t but I’d love to one day interview my favourite authors!
- What would you do if you ran into your favorite author on the street?
Just imagining such a scenario makes me want to squeal! I’d stare at them and wonder whether what I’m seeing is real or not. Eventually they’d notice my stare and look in my direction and our eyes would meet. At this point I’d be launching pep talks to muster enough encourage to approach them. When I manage to get my wobbly feet to work, I’d run up to them and introduce myself and tell them how much I love them and their books! Of course throughout the whole thing my face would be lit up like a Christmas Tree! If they talk back I’m a 100% sure I’d faint! Oh how lovely the whole thing would be!
- What is your second favorite thing to do besides reading?
I love watching TV shows and my favourites are: Doctor Who, Sherlock, and Merlin.
- Have you ever read for others? Like at a nursing home or read to your grandparents?
No I haven’t. I have never read out loud to a single soul, the occasion has simply never come up plus my voice is terrible, I wouldn’t put my worst enemies through that torture! I once tried reading the first chapter of Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone to my sister but she ran away before I could utter a single syllable.
- What was the first book you read that pulled you into the reading world?
- If you could switch roles with any fictional character who would it be?
- What made you start a blog?
- What inspired the name of your blog?
- Who is/are your favourite author(s)?
- What is your favourite genre?
- Which fictional world is your favourite?
- What else are you obsessed with besides reading?
- What was the last book you read that made you cry?
- What was a book that you disliked before reading but ended up liking it afterwards?
- What is the maximum number of times you’ve read a book?
Hope you guys enjoyed my long post ;P